First, I’d like to thank the Academy, and all the little people for being littler than me…
Yeah, I know, my humor needs work. In all seriousness, however, thank you, Kim Raya, for nominating me for the prestigious Shine On Award. I’ll do my best to make my family and the rest of the blogosphere proud.
Rules of the Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Now for the bit you couldn’t care less about:
Seven Things About Me
1. As far as meals go, nothing beats a medium double bacon cheeseburger, steak fries and a nice cold pint of Guinness. Health concerns? What health concerns?
2. I’m convinced my muse is a practical joker because she always blindsides me with inspiration, forever catching me with my pants down and nary a pencil or paper in sight. I’m currently trying to talk Ashton into helping me punk her.
3. I physically bumped into Burt Lancaster in a fitting room in Saks Fifth Avenue. Last of the old school gents, he couldn’t have been a nicer man. Whaddaya mean, “Who’s that?” Ya got internet, dontcha? Look ‘im up.
4. My favorite karaoke tune to belt out is Billy Idol’s “White Wedding.” And when I say belt it out, I mean I go whole hog and scream-sing it. Not a pleasant sensory experience, trust me.
5. The three writers I’d most like to invite to my relative-time-pocket-dimensional dinner party are: William Shakespeare, Ernest Hemmingway, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Harlan Ellison, and Paddy Chayefsky. Okay, so that’s more than three but I’m hosting a dinner party in a pocket dimension for crying out loud, so cut me some slack here. Besides, I think Hemmy’s gonna be a no-show.
6. The top item on my Bucket List is: Live forever. Yup, I plan to live forever before I die. Let’s see how that works out.
7. I am a firm believer of never letting the truth get in the way of a good story.
And last, but certainly not least:
My Nominees For the Shine On Award